H. R. Moye Library
The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Our curriculum will be promoting the very best of children's literature to your child with activities designed to help student's enjoy the stories even more.
- We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children "hooked on reading" by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- The student will have access to e-books and databases this year!
- We have a lot of special events being planned.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We'd love to have you.
School Phone Number:
7:45-8:00 Students are welcome to come before school to check in or out books on any day
3:15-3:45 After school the library will be open Mon.-Thurs. for students if accompanied by an adult. Students, on their own, may visit the library on assigned day by grade level only:
Monday-2nd grade (check in/out books, use computers, library activities)
Tuesday-3rd grade (check in/out books, use computers, library activities)
Wednesday- 4th grade (check in/out books, use computers, library activities)
Thursday-5th grade (check in/out books, use computers, library activities)
PreK, Kinder & 1st may only check out books with an adult present in the library on any day after school. Older siblings will not be allowed to check out books for younger siblings.
*Students have access to online learning 24/7 by logging on to our website:
then connecting to the library page
(Library card catalog, Pebble Go, Gale, etc.)
*Students are responsible to handle library books with care, since they are for everyone to share. Please keep books away from pets, food, and all liquids. Any book damage should be reported to the library as soon as possible so we can attempt repairs.
*Number of Books allowed for check out for a 3 week loan:
PreK & Kinder-Must have parents to check out books (parents may check out 5 books at a time)
1st grade- 1 book that is left in classroom & may not be taken home (parents may check out 5 books)
2nd grade-2 books
3rd grade-3 books
4th grade- 3 books
5th grade-3 books
Books may be borrowed for a 3 week time period and then must be returned. A book may be renewed (checked out again) if the student is not finished reading it.
An overdue (late) book means a student cannot borrow another book (until the overdue book is renewed or returned).
*If a book is lost, payment toward a replacement will be requested from the parents.
*If your family plans to move from H.R. Moye Elementary, please return all books before moving.
*We hope your student will read and enjoy many books and grow in reading skills while attending our school.